Unable to check drive state due to the unloaded driver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gombik

PostPosted: 17.02.2016, 19:50    Post subject: Unable to check drive state due to the unloaded driver Reply with quote

Hi,
occasionally it happens the drive will wake up from sleep state without any apparent reason. After long investigation I gave up trying to find the cause (it's not related to time or any other running user mode app, but sometime at exactly the same time the drive woke up a system log event is created from BitLocker driver which goes like "Encrypted volume check: Volume information on XX cannot be read.". So I guess BitLocker is trying to read from the drive which causes it to wake up (although I am not using BitLocker encryption at all).

Because of this behavior I tried to create an app, which would check the drive state using winapi and if it started spinning it would restart the revoSleep and bring the drive back to sleep state. However I am unable to do that, because the driver is unloaded after revoSleep sleeps the drive and therefore I am not able to open HANDLE to the drive.

So I was wondering why exactly are you unloading the driver?
revo
Administrator

PostPosted: 04.01.2018, 02:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unloading the driver should exactly prevent access to the drive. Resume from standby can wake the drives anyway so you should prevent this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Bluetab template design by FF8Jake of FFD