Possible enhancements for revosleep

Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vincent

PostPosted: 02.11.2007, 01:50    Post subject: Possible enhancements for revosleep Reply with quote

Revosleep is a really great sofwtare: it does something totally new in Windows world and I want to thank Revolver for his work.
Nevertheless, we know that software is a improvable science, and here are great features I' like to see in next versions of Revosleep:
- a better integration in Windows (installed as a service ?)
- the name of hard disks in systray icon (not only a letter)
- the most important thing in my opinion : an integration with windows power management and/or the usability of windows PM settings, especially "turn off hard disks feature", with revosleep

thank you revolver for your good work,
hope that these ideas will be features Winken

Vincent
victordh

PostPosted: 14.11.2007, 23:51    Post subject: I really need this feature Reply with quote

Couldn't you fix it so that when the computer wakes up from suspend mode (standby mode) the drive that was sleeping continues sleeping? It would be wonderful to have that feature. Thanks.
victordh

PostPosted: 15.11.2007, 00:20    Post subject: I really need this feature (part 2) Reply with quote

I don't know if I explained myself very well in my first post. What I want is for the program to make sure that a drive that is sleeping before entering suspend mode stays sleeping after coming out of suspension, which is not the case right now. This could be acomplished simply by making the program check every few minutes that the drives that are supossed to be sleeping are really sleeping, and if they're not, put them to sleep again. It really shouldn't be a hard task to program this. I hope you can do it as soon as possible. Thanks a lot for your work.
revolver
Administrator

PostPosted: 15.11.2007, 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent wrote:

- a better integration in Windows (installed as a service ?)
- the name of hard disks in systray icon (not only a letter)
- the most important thing in my opinion : an integration with windows power management and/or the usability of windows PM settings, especially "turn off hard disks feature", with revosleep

thx for ur ideas. I wil think about the first two features.
About the PM settings: I dont see a need to integrate PM settings in revosleep. Activate "Turn off hard disks" isnt allowed while using revosleep (this is checked by the software atm) ... you can configure other PM settings independently of revosleep. Only the suspend feature makes trouble. Another argument: revosleep should remain clear. It is supposed to make sure hard disks stay turned of while working with ur computer. While using stand by features (suspend, monitor and so on) you can use the PM "turn off hard disk" setting. There the hard disks should stay in stand by.

victordh wrote:
What I want is for the program to make sure that a drive that is sleeping before entering suspend mode stays sleeping after coming out of suspension, which is not the case right now.

I will try to solve this problem.
U can look for a possibility to restart revosleep automatically after wake up ur computer. Maybe there is a tool which manages programs depending on the suspend state of ur computer.
para

PostPosted: 23.03.2009, 07:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

firstly, thankyou so much for revosleep -it has added significantly to the survival of my sanity. i use revosleep because windows is a retard and accesses my d drive for no apparent reason and wakes it up every time i open a program on my c drive or pretty much any time i do anything, and at random intervals of its own.

the add-on i would like is a turn off monitor button - as in run a power saving command, which would turn it back on on keystroke or mouse button (on mouse movement is annoying, get rid of that one if you can).

thanks again
lobba123

PostPosted: 28.08.2009, 02:26    Post subject: window 7 x64 Reply with quote

window 7 x64 support would be great

this time MS did a good job so i think a lot of people will change OS to w7 soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Bluetab template design by FF8Jake of FFD