FAQ post not clear: which entry to replace? help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gailh

PostPosted: 15.01.2010, 05:42    Post subject: FAQ post not clear: which entry to replace? help Reply with quote

Dear revoSleep: your FAQ post above: http://revosleep.bboard.de/board/ftopic-84104086nx10681-49.html is not clear.

As I mentioned in my previous post (which nobody answered), I have a SATA disk, driven by a "Promise" PCI controller. revoSleep issues "Error1" and I would like to replace the driver to the standard one, as you recommend. But, you FAQ is not clear:

1. In "Device Manager", the Promise controller appears in the "SCSI and RAID Controllers" line. There is a different line saying: "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers". Where should I replace the driver?
2. Which driver should I update to? pciide.sys, pciidex.sys, or atapi.sys? all of them are considered "standard" drivers.

Help will be appreciated - I saw on the web that users who were not careful, got BSOD...

(My system: Windows XP Pro SP2)
revolver
Administrator

PostPosted: 25.01.2010, 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general you have to look on "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and their select the affected controller. Dont replace some driver file - only assign the "correct" driver to your controller.

But I think the promise pci controller uses the SCSI and RAID Controllers. So try to find the correct controller here and try to update to the driver mentioned here: http://revosleep.bboard.de/board/ftopic-84104086nx10681-49.html
-> try to update to pciidex.sys
-> But I'm not sure if this will work. Also do it an your own risk.

Maybe only the promise driver will work and that driver simply doesnt support the sleep command.
gailh

PostPosted: 25.01.2010, 22:04    Post subject: How do you find the correct driver? Reply with quote

Dear revolver

The Promise driver does appear at the "SCSI/RAID Controllers" section, not at the "IDE/ATAPI Controllers" section (in "Device Manager").

>[quote] "So try to find the correct controller here and try to update to the driver mentioned here: http://revosleep.bboard.de/board/ftopic-84104086nx10681-49.html"[unquote]

The link you mention does not contain driver reference, nor explains how to find the correct driver. Can you explain how to point the controller to the pciidex.sys driver? (Maybe by modifying the *.inf file?)
revolver
Administrator

PostPosted: 29.01.2010, 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right-click single Controler->Update Driver...->Install from a list or specific location->Don't search. I will choose the driver to install-> and then use the standard driver (pciidex.sys)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Tags
Nager, PC

Bluetab template design by FF8Jake of FFD