Error Code 1 problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stargazer

PostPosted: 27.10.2007, 15:24    Post subject: Error Code 1 problem Reply with quote

Sorry to make another post. I don't understand german. Traurig

My problem is error code 1, even with version 0.24.

I find "When you get Error Code 1 you have to use the windows driver (pciide*.sys) for your hard disk controllers! In the main affecting nforce drivers." on the webpage but I don't quite understand how to use the windows driver (pciide*.sys).

I use a nforce 650 mobo and vista. I didn't install any nvidia sata drivers.

Can anyone help em please. thanks. Smilie
revo
Administrator

PostPosted: 27.10.2007, 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Classic View) Control Panel-> System-> Device Manager-> IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers

there you have to remove the nvidia driver(s) and use the windows xp standard driver (pciide*.sys)

or right-click single Controler->Update Driver...->Install from a list or specific location->Don't search. I will choose the driver to install-> and then use the standard driver

so I hope I could help you. I'm not affected by this problem ... so I'm not sure if this is the perfect way ... maybe somebody who fix this problem can give u a better solution description.

Last edited by revo on 11.11.2008, 21:33; edited 1 time in total
Insomnia

PostPosted: 03.11.2007, 07:29    Post subject: Attention!! Do not remove the Sata drivers, but only update! Reply with quote

I made the experience that you must not just remove the sata drivers in the device manager. In this case Win XP doesn't recognize the hdd(s) at next boot and shows a blue screen. Even safe boot didn't work. The easiest way to repair this was choosing "last working configuration" in the boot menu of XP that you get by pressing F8 immediately after the hardware boot.
But it worked with the second proposal: right click an choose "update driver" and proceed as explained. After a reboot RevoSleep 0.2.4 finally worked with my SATA disks at a nforce4 board. Great! I'm very happy Smilie
Many thanks to Revolver!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum