HD is deactivated, but motor won't shut down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
User1

PostPosted: 02.09.2009, 16:34    Post subject: HD is deactivated, but motor won't shut down Reply with quote

I read some threads here and considered the information, but I'm still clueless.

Can't RevoSleep work more like the native power saving function? Because that works with all drivers. I use a mainboard with Intel ICH9R. My two HDs work in AHCI mode. When I make sure that there are no more handles on the second drive (when there are, RevoSleep reports it) and send it to sleep, the partitions are deactivated like they should, but the motor won't turn off, not even attempts to.

Since I kicked my PC when it annoyed me a lot, my HDs hum/vibrate in a pulsating style, so turning off one HD would really reduce the annoying 'humming orchestra'.

If it's my HD driver ... it might make sense to add more native functions to RevoSleep, because of course with new technologies in HD controllers it becomes increasingly intolerable to switch to standard IDE mode.

But I thank you for making a program like this! It's almost unbelievable in how many cases like this there's no tool at all.
( More and more I see that using computers is a waste of time in itself. Mit den Augen rollen At least unless something fundamental changes and standard software is made in an intelligent way. )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Tags
Computer, Mode, PC, Software

Bluetab template design by FF8Jake of FFD