Switching off Hard Disk without Drive Letter/Not in My Comp.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorshua

PostPosted: 16.08.2009, 01:47    Post subject: Switching off Hard Disk without Drive Letter/Not in My Comp. Reply with quote

Hello, I want to ask about one option, if it is not present it could be added in the new release.

I have Hard Disk to which there is not any letter assigned, They are working as a physical drive and there are not present in the My Computer Folder. They could be found in the system, in the device manager and with other HD Tools. I am speaking just about normal connected SATA HDD not in RAID.

When I start revoSleep that Hard Drive is not shown and I cannot be taken into sleep mode. I will be happy if you put in the new release the option to switch off drives without drive letters. (I didn't find that option)

Best Regards
Jorshua

PostPosted: 02.09.2009, 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news?

Is there any hope for that kind of function?
Tarres

PostPosted: 29.11.2009, 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same Problem.
I got a Drive with the entire partition encrypted with TrueCrypt.
So the original hard drive doesn't got a drive letter and because of there is no "normal" partition on the drive its not schon in revosleep.
Ladde

PostPosted: 26.01.2010, 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here.
I have a HDD with only a HFS+ partition on it, which I would like to send to sleep when working in Windows.
Ladde

PostPosted: 26.01.2010, 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found hdparm for Windows: http://hdparm-win32.dyndns.org/hdparm/

It's a command line tool, but works fine for me.
"hdparm -y hda" sends your first harddrive to standby, "hdparm -y hdb" the second one, "hdparm -y hdc" the third... I guess you get the point Winken
If you are not sure, which one is the right one, you can display information about the disk with "hdparm -C hda" and so on...

Hope this helps until this is supported in revoSleep.

PS: hdparm -Y sends disk to sleep mode, which normally consumes a tiny bit less energy but is NORMALLY NOT RECOMMENDED!!

PostPosted: 15.03.2010, 07:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hdpart will not work for raid-drives.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum