...is being used by another process (ErrorCode 32)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hlkc

PostPosted: 21.05.2008, 06:08    Post subject: ...is being used by another process (ErrorCode 32) Reply with quote

I tried so many things but I still can't make these HDD sleeps. Below is the error message. Please help if you can. Thanks!

Invalid Device!

Drive M: is in use. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (ErrorCode 32).
The following programs accesses the drive (Note: not every access has to be the reason for this error):

Program: svchost.exe File: M:\System Volume Information\tracking.log
Program: svchost.exe File: M:\$Extend\$ObjId
Program: svchost.exe File: M:
revo
Administrator

PostPosted: 22.05.2008, 00:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

these handles are ok and no prob in vista

plz use process explorer to find other handles, which have access on that drive:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

(find->handle-> type m: )
gavin (guest)

PostPosted: 26.05.2008, 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting the same thing (windows 2k sp4), I have run Process Explorer and these are the only process accesing the drive. Any ideas?
gavin

PostPosted: 29.05.2008, 09:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried severla things but am still getting the above error message. is there anything else you can suggest to fix this?
revo
Administrator

PostPosted: 06.06.2008, 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

disable system restore ... otherwise there have to be an handle for that drive!

maybe you share folders over network .. this could also be a reason.

PostPosted: 07.06.2008, 04:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running Win 2k, so no system restore. And no network shares either. Definitely only these handles showing up.
revo
Administrator

PostPosted: 07.06.2008, 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb742605.aspx

"Note: The DLT Client service monitors activity on NTFS volumes and stores maintenance information in a file called Tracking.log, which is located in a hidden folder called System Volume Information at the root of each volume. This folder is protected by permissions that allow only the system to have access to it. The folder is also used by other Windows services, such as Indexing Service."

try to disable/terminate as much services/processes as possible. I would start with Indexing Service Smilie

plz post your results!
Wolf

PostPosted: 15.06.2008, 01:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got almost same problem, but: No handles found Traurig
Maarten Jan

PostPosted: 06.08.2009, 19:58    Post subject: error code 32 Reply with quote

I had the same problem and got it fixed by disabling cryptoserv.exe in task manager and in msconfig--> services
So the key is to end as many tasks in taskmanager as possible to see if one of them is blocking revosleep to work correctly and then disable it in msconfig.
INXS fan

PostPosted: 24.02.2011, 12:30    Post subject: Bug or not? Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect an old topic but on Windows 7 the ErrorCode 32 still happens even when there are no handles for the drive found in Process Explorer. I know Process Explorer is correct because the drive falls asleep automatically (it's a green drive, so not using Windows Power Management). Only a reboot temporarily fixes the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: 01.01.2012, 13:41    Post subject: Re: error code 32 Reply with quote

Maarten Jan wrote:
I had the same problem and got it fixed by disabling cryptoserv.exe in task manager and in msconfig--> services
So the key is to end as many tasks in taskmanager as possible to see if one of them is blocking revosleep to work correctly and then disable it in msconfig.

You must delete in registry editor (Regedit) all the entry who involve your drive (wh code32) ex. LastUsedSource or path of any program installed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Bluetab template design by FF8Jake of FFD