Drives not showing up in My Computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anachronous

PostPosted: 16.01.2008, 22:01    Post subject: Drives not showing up in My Computer Reply with quote

Hi, this is great for silencing my noisy hard drive. But I have this problem:

When I wake up the disk again, it does not show in My Computer. I have to go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management. There I must right click the drive and select open to access it. But it still does not show up in My Computer.

This error may be due to me using nLite to remove some parts of the operating system. I use XP x64.

- Anachronous
revo
Administrator

PostPosted: 17.01.2008, 08:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

seems to be a windows problem. When revosleep sleep ur hd ... the driver is removed .. after wake up the drive will be restored. In your case the driver is restored. Probably windows have some problems to handle the restored hd.
You can try this:

- right click in windows explorer and select 'Refresh'
- or right click the hd in Disk Management and choose to change the drive letter or so.

PostPosted: 17.01.2008, 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried changing the drive letter, and then it showed up in Explorer.

It seems Windows is not automatically assigning a drive letter. It does automatically get a letter in Disk Management, but this is somehow not transferred to Explorer.

I have two partitions on this disk, and none of them would show in My Computer before. But now, after fiddling with changing the drive letters, one of the partitions shows up often (but not always, seems random).

When I press "stop" I hear the drive start, but then revoSleep hangs for approx. 45 sec. After this, if I refresh My Computer, one of the partitions show up.

Is there a way to find out what's causing this? It would be great if it worked seamlessly.
revo
Administrator

PostPosted: 20.01.2008, 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

revoSleep doesnt hangs for 45 sec, it looks for the last partition Winken and than gives it up.

Sometimes the partitions spend a bit to wake up. Dont know what's causing this!

maybe you can try to newly partition your hd. (Therefore all Data will bee removed!)
Anachronous

PostPosted: 20.01.2008, 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for your help.
I won't repartition, though... Too much of a job.
Anyways, I really like to be able to silence the harddrive, so thanks for making this program! Smilie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum