feature request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivosh

PostPosted: 12.01.2008, 13:45    Post subject: feature request Reply with quote

First, a big thank you - there is nothing else like revosleep.
There are disks I use only as the dumps and I prefer to have them off most of the time. Yhis is why I need revosleep.
But I would suggest some important improvements.

From the nature of its purpose I'd say users will want to sleep disk mostly automatically, silently after startup. That's why it should support commandline or at least parameters.
There should be an option to act absolutely silently and seamlessly, not to display the gui and to terminate itself after disks are slept.
Then it would be possible to have icons and/or shortcuts defined to sleep and wake up disks with no app in memory and toolbar. THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

By the way: I know it goes like "sleep drives: ... go! stop!"
But it is a bit confusing to stop drives with a go! button and wake them up with a stop! button Smilie)

Thank you
ivosh
jo

PostPosted: 13.01.2008, 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO! ---- SLEEP!
STOP --- WAKE UP!

this is not confusing Sehr glücklich

PostPosted: 16.01.2008, 00:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a matter of personal taste for ergonomics. But ask an average user if he feels natural to start his disk by pressing STOP and stopping his disk by pressing GO. Please, don't explain it to me, I know how it is meant, (actually stopping vs. activating the sleep mode).

Sleep! and Wake Up! would be generally better.

Just wanted to give Revolver some user's observation Smilie
revo
Administrator

PostPosted: 16.01.2008, 13:28    Post subject: Re: feature request Reply with quote

thx for the hints

ivosh wrote:

From the nature of its purpose I'd say users will want to sleep disk mostly automatically, silently after startup. That's why it should support commandline or at least parameters.

put it to "autostart". revosleep support automatically, silently behavior, no gui is shown!
but for other kinds of reasons command line and parameters are required ... so this feature will come Winken

ivosh wrote:

There should be an option to act absolutely silently and seamlessly, not to display the gui and to terminate itself after disks are slept.
Then it would be possible to have icons and/or shortcuts defined to sleep and wake up disks with no app in memory and toolbar. THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

revosleep have to run in memory all the time ... otherwise you wouldnt be able to activate (or stop ^^ hrr hrr) your disks. More specifically you couldnt specify single disks for wake up. (because the driver is removed)

ivosh wrote:

By the way: I know it goes like "sleep drives: ... go! stop!"

therefore you can select only one button all the time ^^ .... but u are right. The notations are still prototype like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Bluetab template design by FF8Jake of FFD