NTFS is waking up my drives in Win 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PPC

PostPosted: 01.05.2022, 08:19    Post subject: NTFS is waking up my drives in Win 10 Reply with quote

Hello,

First and foremost, this seems to be an amazin piece of software, if it worked it would really solve a problem for me but Win 10 keeps waking the drives for "no reason".

I have used the recommended "offline" option and the drives do go to sleep for a time, sometimes 30 min, sometimes >4h, but they always come back without user prompt.

I have tried process monitor and process explorer to no luck. There is nothing that isnt SYSTEM or SVCHOST that is accessing the drives at time of wake up. Everything i found is integral part of NTFS format. Logs, indexes, usn journal, etc. All the recommended services are turned off (yes, indexing too) but it doesnt seem to change anything. This is the screenshot of what im mostly getting in process explorer.

[img]https://postimg.cc/JtYGGX9W[/img]

Would a format to exFAT help, there isnt a "native" way to reformat since all win is offering is NTFS but there seems to be a command prompt procedure that could make an internal hdd into exFAT, is it worth trying?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    revoSleep - Support Forum Index -> RevoSleep - Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Bluetab template design by FF8Jake of FFD